Bonjour! Bienvenue to the third part of our food quest in Paris. From the Russian experience at DARU to the educational wine and dining heaven at Bistrot du Sommelier, our final meal altogether was at the Dominique Bouchet Restaurant Gastronomique Paris - a Michelin star restaurant in the 8th arrondissement. And this time, READ THESE RULES -
“No wallet. No bag. No money. It’s Paulo’s treat.”
Lemme say again (as mentioned in my previous blog) that I’m one lucky girl. Super lucky having had Paulo as my lunch date (‘di ka ba kikiligin pag ‘sya ang lunch date mo?! Well, ako kinilig ng bonggang-bongga! He’s one of my top 3 celebrity crushes kaya!). To all his fans, here are some off-cam takeways that I can share with you -
- Paulo’s not just a pretty face and a SUPER talented actor, he’s galante pa (kita mo naman, Michelin star yan ah!)
- He likes manga (Japanese comics)
- Super ganda ng eyes nya upclose….
- He’s very relaxed, chill-chill lang…
- Cowboy – walang pa-star effect (y’know…) – one of the things I admire in him
- He may be quiet at times but he’s witty and cool na kausap
- He dislikes stuff that are ‘too flashy’ (classic ang taste nya in terms of clothing, accessories, etc – pareho kami!)
- Considering all his achievements, he’s very modest (seriously, parang di nya naiisip na he’s one of the Philippines’ hottest showbiz properties)
- He laughs when we call him, Kapamilya ‘Hunk’ – but we all know he is, right?!
Few days with Paulo along with the other members of the foodie gang (Jj and Luis) had been fantastic and a fabulous lunch treat at Dominique Bouchet’s a nice way of saying ‘bon voyage’ to each other.
We all decided to surprise ourselves once again and try their menu of the day (that made life easier, lol).
For the starter, we had champagne and this vegetable plate -
Our main course was duck confit in sumptuous sauce avec une bouteille de vin rouge -
And had raspberry tiramisu with vanilla ice cream for dessert (my new found love) -
Here’s the foodie gang, which reminds me of Gretchen Barretto’s IG term, “society of eating disorder”. Ironically, we’re all watching our weight and waistlines (especially Jj had just declared, ‘Operation Balik-Alindog’… lol – can’t get over that one) but the love for good food is within our souls and we’re in Paris, hello!
As per Paulo, okay lang pag paminsan-minsan :) And what we had those days was worth every calorie (takbo lang katapat ‘nyan). Merci beaucoup again Paulo for the wonderful lunch, great Sunday show and memorable days in Paris. ‘Til next time! Bisous!
Dominique Bouchet. 11 Rue Treilhard, 75008 Paris.
Average price per person €70; Menu starts from €55 per head excluding wine.
Follow Paulo Avelino at Twitter: @mepauloavelino
See more of him thru www.TFC.tv
P.S. Thanks JJ Henson and Luis Bariuan. Gosh, ma-mi-miss ko kayo sa London. Di bale, may next time pa naman! Paulo, just saw your MMK episode at TFC, grabe galing mo talaga as an actor. Looking forward to your upcoming projects :)
Read other posts? Please click here.