Bonjour! The sun is at its peak here in the Riviera at 29°c outside. No beach day for me this week as I already had my fair share of sunshine since our weekend trip at Saint Tropez until the past couple of days. Been busy too with all the business plannings for next year, catching up with friends and cooling off at home since the heatwave visited this continent (at 34°c last week – hot, hot, hot!).
Having some dietary advice from the Monaco-based nutritionist that we met a couple of weeks ago really helped too. It’s not about eating less but it’s about eating more of the right foods on the right time. I’ve already shared it with some friends (and they’re happy) and will be sharing that soon. Part of his advise was to drink protein shake in the morning and evening. Since I started this healthier lifestyle, I’m more concerned on what I put in my body and I’m more conscious of reading the labels. Since Mark is also lifting weights on a regular basis, I thought of purchasing a supplement drink good for the both of us – especially that we are both running. Juice Plus+ Complete was introduced to us by a friend. This brand wasn’t new to me as I’ve already tried their yummy chewies.
According to Ivy Larson, “Juice PLUS+ as a company is unique in the nutritional supplement world because their fruit and vegetable based products are one of the most thoroughly and scientifically research nutritional supplements anywhere”. She added, “and, because Andy (Larson, M.D.) and I know the statistics, we know the average person does not eat a ‘whole foods’ diet much less come anywhere close to eating the 9 to 12 servings of fruits and vegetables that they should eat each day for optimal health. Thus, the average person is highly deficient in the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant-rich phytonutrients found in fruits, vegetables and other plant-based “whole foods”. This is where the Juice Plus+ product line and Juice Plus+ Complete shakes step in to fill the gap. Juice Plus+ products provide your body with a much needed nutrition ‘booster’ “. Please click here to read more.
Here are some of the facts I love about Juice PLUS+® Complete:
- It is 100% natural plant-based
- It’s “clean and green” – free from animal products, dairy, gluten, wheat, yeast and artificial sweeteners
- It’s easy to prepare for people always on-the-go like me (as Ivy would describe, ‘fast-food convenience’) – great boost as you start the day, pre/post workout drink
- It’s an instant treat for my sweet tooth cravings
- It is packed with foods nutrition and additional phytonutrients.
- It’s suitable for all ages – safe for kids and even pregnant and nursing moms :-)
- It’s yummy. Some make delicious smoothies out of it, for me, I love it as it is – and with ice during the heatwave. If you need some recipes, please check out this post:
Photo: Debby Gans Photography/ Food Styling: Gail Ingram as seen on this post
I’ll keep you posted of my progress in my future posts and via @katscapades in Instagram and Twitter. Since joining the marathon is still miles away, I’m keen to join fun runs and just maintain my regular running stint.
Cheers to a healthier us! xoxo
Interested about Juice PLUS+ ? Please visit www.juiceplusfrance.com, contact Loremi Villones via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.