Bonjour! It’s another morning love… It feels great waking up earlier than usual. Well it all started after our chat with a Monaco-based nutritionist the other night as he gave us some dietary advice including eating timetable. So there you go… I woke up at 6ish, prepared breakfast for Mark et moi (it’s the second day of this new beginning, lol. I used to miss breakfast with him and mostly, not notice that he’s gone to work. I’m a changed woman now, *giggles). That O.C.-ness came out earlier so I did a little tidying up whilst playing some praise and worship music then I had a quick shower (I just can’t leave the house without showering in the morning even though I already had one at night), put on my trainers and went for a walk along Promenade des Anglais to Old Nice. It’s a beautiful 20-min walk by the beach from my house to Old Nice (and vice versa).
I wanted to pick up few greens for our dinner tonight and since it’s still super early, Old Nice Market’s the best place to go. I’ve already taken photos of this place with my camera months ago but I still find it fascinating and I’d love to share it with you. The colourful market is located at the famous Cours Saleya, Southwest part of Old Nice (just 2-min walk and you’re at the beach). The market offers locally produced veggies, fruits, dried mushrooms, cheese, nuts, oils, flowers, handmade soaps and paintings. Here are the photos taken from my iPhone:
According to a source, here are the opening hours (including the other markets in Old Nice):
- Flower Market, Cours Saleya, runs 6 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 6 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Wednesday and Saturday, and 6 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Sundays and holidays.
- Fruit & Vegetable Market, Cours Saleya, runs 6 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. every day but Monday.
- Antiques Market, Cours Saleya, runs 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Mondays (unless they are holidays or the eve of holidays).
- Arts & Crafts Market, Cours Saleya, from Jume 1 to Sept. 30, every day from 6 p.m. to midnight.
- Fish Market, Place Saint-Francois, 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. every day but Monday.
- Used & Antique Book Market, Place du Palais, first and third Saturday of the month, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Arts & Crafts Market, Place de Palais, second Saturday of the month, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Antique Postcard Market, Place de Palais, fourth Saturday of the month, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
I bought some rockets, baby potatoes and garlic for the steak tomorrow night (can’t wait), got some bananas, oranges and nuts for less than €15. I walked back home and ready to work at my desk around 9ish (writing this post during lunch break).
How’s your morning like? No matter what lies ahead of you – whether a long day at work or something else, it’s always great waking up with a smile and appreciating the things that you are blessed with. Life is beautiful! :-)